Thursday 27 March 2014

Plan? What Plan?

I really do suffer from a short attention span, and am prone to undertaking new projects on a whim, and this week's impromptu project was a total shop makeover.....
 
My cabinet shop in Go4 Market Café is a mid-century teak bureau.
 
 
I had secretly always wished that I had had a 1950's larder unit to create my shop in though, so when I came across this teak shelf unit, operation shop expansion was born!
 
 
The open back on the shelf didn't suit my needs, so Mr Dottie was recruited to help me in my makeover frenzy.......
 
I have developed an unhealthy interest in digital collage lately, so I made some backing sheets, using my vintage magazine collection.....

 
These were pasted onto a back board....
 
 
.....and attached as a back for the shelves, to house Dottie's wares
 
 
I made some paper and ribbon bunting, using more digital collage....
 
 
 ......and this morning we put the whole thing together!


 
The tote bags can now be seen on the side.....

 
.....and the cushions and stuffies are cosying up in the suitcase

 
I'm quite pleased with how it has turned out, and it gives me quite a bit more space to display my work for sale. Hope you can pop by for a visit! 
 
Now I really must get back to playing with clay!!!!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment