Tuesday 17 April 2012

Paint, Pasta, Plaster and more paint

I've spent a lot of time over the last 7 days helping Mum to have a sort out, and do a spot of decorating.

Whilst I was staying at hers, we went to the BBC Good Food show, at the Glow exhibition space at Bluewater in Kent. Mr Dottie and his Mum came along too.....
We picked up some fudge, some sauces, and some gadgets. Mr Dottie also got some chilli jams, which he is rather fond of......

We saw Gino D'acampo in the cookery theatre...






Mr Dottie loves Italian food (his Mum is from Italy), so Gino's pasta and salmon, and tuna steak demonstrations went down well, as did his naughty sense of humour!!!!

It was a lovely day out for us all, although the show was somewhat smaller than I had expected.....

Mr Dottie was pleased there was a hog roast.....


It wasn't all play though, I picked up some more stock for the shop, whilst at Mum's, including these fantastic charms


1960's bubble car charms

On saturday I caught up with an old school friend, who I hadn't seen for 25 years (god, that makes me feel old!!!!) Her parent's still live around the corner from my Mum. We spent many hours laughing, which was just like old times.....we won't be waiting another 25 years until we see each other again!!!

Tomorrow it's back to work proper, I'm mould making.......I have designed a group of Dollie face brooches in porcelain. Some of the faces are from my own Original sculptures, and some will be taken from Antique doll heads.



I'm looking forward to  the casts being cleaned and fired, so that I can get going with the hand painting, which I love doing......but first there is a lot of plaster work to do, which I don't enjoy that much :0(

The other project which will be back on my table this week is painting my Izannah Walker inspired dolls.....the paints are unpacked, and it's high time they were finished!!!


.......best get away from the computer, and make the most of the wondeful light April evenings...... :0)





No comments:

Post a Comment